Distribution Solutions, Inc.
Immediate Past Chair: Megan Iseler, Walmart Transportation
The Safety Management Council (SMC) is an exclusive membership benefit of the Arkansas Trucking Association, providing a forum for employees of corporate members.
The SMC promotes cooperative efforts for increased safety, efficiency and economy in all phases of highway transportation by commercial vehicles, and focuses on the following to achieve its purpose:
- Guest speakers on topics relating to regulation compliance and safety technologies
- Interchanging ideas and information
- Discussion of implementation strategies
- Fleet safety contests
- Monthly safety meetings and numerous safety seminars throughout the year
- Coordination of and opportunity to compete in the annual Arkansas Truck Driving Championship
The Safety Management Council is a valuable organization for motor carriers, industry safety professionals and service providers.
Corporate membership in the Arkansas Trucking Association is required for companies joining the Safety Management Council.
Annual Dues: $100
For more information, please contact Sarah Sheets at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arkansas Trucking Championship
The 2017 Arkansas Trucking Championship will be held July 13-15 in Rogers, Ark.
SMC Calendar, Minutes and Presentations
- Legislative & Regulatory Update from ATA President - November 17
- Medical Marijuana Legalization Q&A and Operation Life Saver: Rail Safety - October 13
- Meritor WABCO's OnGuardACTIVE demonstration - June 15
- Roadside Inspection - April 19
- Crash Scene Management, Reconstruction, and the Importance of Physical Evidence - March 29
- Supply Chain Simulation - February 11
- FMCSA Update with Kevin Breedlove & Carrier Compliance Panel - January 21
- Truckers Against Trafficking Video / Presentation - December 1
- Safety Roundtable with Mike Brust, Jennifer Gray, and Scott Stewart - October 8
- ATA Safety Services Overview with David O'Neal - August 27
- OSHA Consultation, Inspection Preparedness, and Update on the Regulatory/Enforcement Environment - July 9
- Joint MTC & SMC Meeting and Level 1 Inspection Demonstration - May 21
- The Shape of Things to Come - April 29
- Millennial Drivers - February 12
- DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Requirement/Update on Merger of Medical Certification with CDL - January 22
|Click here to view ATA Archives.|